We can help you gain the experience necessary to "sign off" and satisfy your insurance company requirements. The following outline we follow for operator proficiency. This information is intended to be covered during 2-3 full days of on the water training.
* Reading and understanding charts
* Buoyage (red right return)
* Sound signals for boat operations
* Rules of the Road
* Tides and current
* Weather and Sea condition consideration
* VHF Radio use
* Lake Washington Ship Canal Lock Passage
* Marlinspike / Seamanship
* Man Overboard
* Safety and Safety Equipment
* USCG safety equipment requirements
* Close quarters maneuvering skills
* Electrical systems and power management
* Mechanical systems
* Fuel system management and environmental concerns
* Water and waste management
* Electronic navigation systems / operation
* Electrical systems management
* Water and waste management
* Boat handling and Crew safety
* Anchoring, theory and teamwork
* Team work in docking / communications
* Pre-underway check lists and check lists in general
* Boat maintenance and maintenance scheduling
The time on the water will cover boating terminology and theory, proper use of dock lines, effects of wind and water on boat handling, tides & currents, charts, trip planning and more. Time at the helm with an experienced captain and instructor will help you combine all the theory and handling skills introduced throughout the course. This hands-on class offers you the opportunity to try different things, make mistakes, and ask questions, all the while gaining confidence and an understanding of boat handling, seamanship and the cruising lifestyle.
We also provide a couples-oriented program that will teach you the tricks and tips about boat handling, with an emphasis on teamwork. The husband-wife team of Captain's Jack and Mary will show you how to formulate a cruising plan and effectively communicate with each other while cruising. Each couple will be given the opportunity to be both "Captain" and "First Mate". Training topics aboard will include communication, vessel systems review, docking, anchoring techniques, basic maintenance, navigation and trip planning. These are all important subjects to master as a couple, in addition to boat handling. Before starting the engines we will cover all of the "lifestyle systems" that make boating more comfortable - from a modern galley to where to stow everything. In the saloon and up on the fly bridge, they'll review the essentials of navigation, come rain or shine. You'll have lessons on radar and electronics GPS chart plotting as you cruise the waterways, and take the mystery out of the below deck systems. You'll learn how to make docking and anchoring easy. We will share with you what works in the real world... and sometimes, what does not.
* Cruising Safety
* Vessel Systems Review
* Anchor techniques
* Navigation and trip planning
* Basic maintenance
* FUN !!
Copyright © 2018 YACHT DELIVERIES NW - All Rights Reserved.
yacht delivery boat delivery service sailboat delivery delivery captain yacht delivery captain yacht captain charter captain yacht deliver skipper delivery skipper washington puget sound san juan defuca alaska inside passage kodiak oregon astoria portland california san francisco los angeles, san diego mexico dockwise seven sea yacht transport captain for hire on water training insurance competency
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder